Thursday, February 22, 2007

i need a hero

When people are asked who their favorite superhero is, everyone tries to give a mushy and meaningful answer. "My superhero is my uncle because he was hit by 10 trucks and is still dong his thang..." or, "My brother, because he's always there to help me..." I'm sorry to disappoint you but my family and even my friends aren't exactly "super" or heroic. Someone who is a true hero is willing to risk everything, including their own life, for another. So hands down my hero would have to be Batman. Now I know that everyone is going to totally bash on me and tell me that Batman doesn't really count in this case. Well...Why not?
Batman is human. Unlike Superman or many other heroes, he bleeds just like us. His muscles and skills weren't just handed to him, he worked for everything. He trained and studied for years unlike Clark Kent. Yeah how hard it must've been for Superman, being born with incredible strength and speed. Poor him. Batman studied for years the different martial arts and practiced with monks, he even was a science major so he could learn how to use chemicals to help with his adventures. So not only was he strong, he was also smart. He used his body and mind to help defeat many villains.
Batman isn't greedy and although he was born into wealth he uses the money to make weapons and transportation devices to help save the citizens of Gotham.
Firemen and policemen all live a life of hardship and they are dedicated to protecting people, but he gives up love and happiness and completely devotes himself to his work. He wasn't born with this duty, he chose to live a life of complete loneliness so that he could help others. Not many people would do that. I mean seriously, his only friend is an old butler named Alfred, how sad is that?
Batman is a hero because he helps influence others to follow in his greatness. Not by putting on a cape and chasing people, but by showing them ways they could live their life. Help others, work hard, don't be greedy, and many more values.

I love Batman :)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Batman is an awesome hero. Wow, you have such a detailed history on Batman. It really supports your topic. ;)

Sierra J. said...

Yes, Superman didn't have to work for his power, but it's not exactly his fault he was born with superpowers. But I do think that Batman is the most influencial hero because of the fact that he's actually human and can do all of these little stunts and such without superstrength. There are many good points given in your 'story' and I agree very much.

c said...

...Tiff you're a geek. I bet you're wondering how I found your blog.

NEENER. Im a stalker!!!!!!!!
Actually my brothers in schauble's english class so he was looking at his teachers blogs and watsons class pages happened to be link.

WAHAHHAHA.
Here's a forwarded post that you wrote for my blog:
http://heranatomy.wordpress.com/2007/02/15/daughter-to-father/#comments

ILU <3

c said...

Oh man, did that now show?

Click Here.

Sweet memories.