Thursday, May 10, 2007

flat world

1. What did you like best about the project and why?

My favorite part of the project was just talking to my dad about his past and finding a n idea for my story. For days I kept trying to figure out what I would write about, and as soon as he told me his childhood story, it automatically clicked. I just knew that I NEEDED to write about it.

2. What did you like least and why?

Well I really hate using the computer, I really REALLY prefer having an assignment, writing it, and turning it in. I don't like having to wait for feedback from my peers, I prefer to just turn it in and get one final feedback. So basically I really didn't like the project, but I also didn't like recording because I HATE listening to my own voice.

3. What was something surprising that you learned about the other students (from other schools)?

Um...that the Colorado kids didn't give any feedback. In all I only got 3 comments and they were all from the kids in Korea. I was really disappointed.

4. How do you think the project affected your writing?

Well the best feedback I got was from our sub, and he reminded me to put everything in either present/past tense, and to not flop around. And I made that mistake MANY times and not only in this writing piece. So now I'm fully aware of my weakness and I know what to look for.

5. Describe the most challenging aspect of the project.

Giving other people feedback was tedious and lame. I had to make sure I wasn't too mean even though I really wanted to be [some chick like totally copied and pasted A Walk To Remember] so I was usually a little too nice. We had to read ALL the stories and some of them were bland and it was SO tedious having to read them and actually think about it.

6. Offer some advice to future participants.

Give feedback, and hopefully you'll get feedback. Think of a good title, and make sure the first few sentences REALLY capture the reader, it makes a huge difference. Oh, and don't write some lame story about how you're asian and how everyone expects you to be nerdy and you feel so rejected/isolated because of your race...It gets really boring, really fast. I read several of those and I must say that I got quite sick.

7. Other comments.

Eh, wikispaces. Me no likey, but whatever floats your boat

No comments: